Thursday 29 October 2009

Happy Birthday, to Peter Green, 'Man of the World' and three other special Old Brits















Peter Green : blues-rock guitarist : 63
Jack Shepherd : actor and stage director : 69
Michael Jayston : actor : 74
Robert Hardy : actor 84

And for nostalgia, Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac and the beautiful, 'Man of the World' which he wrote and they performed 40 years ago in the Summer of 1969.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8176374


Shall I tell you about my life,
They say I'm a man of the world.
I've flown across every tide,
And I've seen lots of pretty girls.

I guess I've got everything I need,
I wouldn't ask for more.
And there's no one I'd rather be,
But I just wish that I'd never been born.

Break:

And I need a good woman,
To make me feel like a good man should.
I don't say I'm a good man,
Or that I would be, if I could. *

I could tell you about my life,
And keep you amused I'm sure.
About all the times I've cried,
And how I don't want to be sad anymore.
And how I wish I was in love.

* Google searches for the lyrics will all, wrongly give this line as :
Oh, but I would be if, I could.
-which completely distorts the meaning of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment