Monday, 10 May 2010
Britain is a country where more and more old men will make it a happier and happier place
Old men of Britain, it's good news, it's official :
It's been announced that :
People 'get happier as they age'.
Apparently you are :
* better able to control your emotions emotions.
* despite your worries about ill health, income, changes in social status and bereavements, psychologists say that you are entering a 'golden age'.
* you generally make the best of the time you have left and have learned to avoid situations in which you feel sad or stressed.
* you are less likely than younger people, to experience persistent negative moods and you are more resilient to hearing personal criticism.
* you are much better at controlling and balancing your emotions and this will improve with your age.
* your mental well being improves with your age, unless you've got dementia-related ill health.
* you are increasingly aware that the time you have left in life is growing shorter, want to make the best of it and so avoid engaging in situations which will make you unhappy.
* you have also had more time to learn and understand the intentions of others which helps you avoid stressful situations.
There are more and more of you and in less than 25 years, you over 65's, will form 25% of the population and by 2030 there will be 30,000 of you over 100.
Dr Charles of the University of California says that this should make Britain a 'happier society'.
Well, I don't know about you, but I feel so much better and happier after considering all that.
Like me, take a leaf out of this old American's book :