Saturday 7 May 2011

Britain is a country whose old men are much older than they thought they were











I've watched a programme on BBC TV called 'Inside the Human Body'. It was full of insights, but the biggest revelation to me was that women are born with all their embryo eggs. That being the case, the egg from which I was conceived in the Autumn of 1946 was created in the months before my Mother was born in June 1910. That being the case, I was in a sense, 'present' inside my Mother, the little girl in the photo taken in 1914.



So, I'm much older than I thought, having started my life over 100 years ago.

Woolwich in South London where my Mother was born in 1910 and so I began my journey in life :

P.S.
A clip from the programme showing sperm being attacked :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAUfnKcA3I

P.P.S.
Here's a link to an earlier post entitled :
Sunday, 4 October 2009
Old Brits- do you know the date of the most important day in your life ?

http://britainisnocountryforoldmen.blogspot.com/2009/10/old-brits-do-you-know-date-of-most.html

No comments:

Post a Comment