Julie Driscoll, singer and actress, known for her 1960's versions of Bob Dylan's 'This Wheel's on Fire', and Donovan's 'Season of the Witch', which she sang with 'Brian Auger & The Trinity' is 10 days older than me and 64 today.
Things you possible didn't know about Julie, that she :
* as a teen, oversaw 'The Yardbirds Fan Club', where the group's manager encouraged her to begin a performing career of her own.
* in 1963, issued her debut pop single 'Take Me by the Hand' and 2 years later joined the short-lived R&B combo 'Steampacket' alongside Rod Stewart, Long John Baldry and organist Brian Auger.
* next signed on with the 'Brian Auger Trinity', scoring a Top Five UK hit in 1968 with their rendition of Bob Dylan's 'This Wheel's on Fire'.
* with her striking looks and coolly sophisticated vocals earned, was dubbed 'The Face' by the British music press.
* recorded 'Save Me' in 1967 :
* 'Season of the Witch' in 1968 :
* 'Indian Rope Man' in 1969 :
* left Auger for a solo career and debut album 1969 heralded a shift away from pop, enlisting members of the 'Soft Machine' and 'Blossom Toes' to pursue a progressive jazz direction.
* with her 1974 'Sunset Glow', she further explored improvisational vocal techniques in settings ranging from folk to free jazz.