A new credit card-sized, no frills, ‘My Phone’, costing £55 and designed specifically for old men and women has been launched by 'Age UK' in time for Christmas.
So old men of Britain, this is the phone for you because it :
* has a button clearly labelled 'Answer' and 'On-Off'.
* rather than press numbers to make a call, you simply to press a button featuring the names of your friends.
* means that you can keep up with modern technology, without having to learn how to use a 'complex' touchscreen smartphone.
* comes in 11 different colours with a battery life of around five days – much longer than the average smartphone.
* it has extra big buttons to help you if you suffer from poor eyesight.
According to research by 'Age UK', seven in ten of those aged over 65 use a mobile phone but only five out of ten of those aged over 75.
Helena King, Head of 'Affinity at Age UK', said :
Helena demonstrating the phone :
An Age UK spokesman said it hopes to sell 50,000 phones in the next year.