* was born in Ystrad Mynach, Wales.
* found fame as a founder member of 'Amen Corner' in the late 1960s and will be remembered by me and my fellow baby boomers for :
'Bend me shape me' in 1968
'High in the Sky' in 1969
* when the band split in two in 1970, formed , 'Fair Weather' and had a hit with 'Natural Sinner' in 1970 ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeE97_1FX1k before he left to pursue a solo career and had a Christmas hit with 'Wide Eyed and Legless' in 1975 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5FG3Ty3jD4
* in the late 1970s and 80s he worked for numerous artists, as a session musician and in 1978, sang backing vocals on the album 'Who Are You' from The Who and talked about this aspect of his work with Rick Wakeman in 2009 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066JTEwLgrY
* since the early 1990s acted as a sideman in Eric Clapton's backing band, as well as session work, notably Clapton's 'Unplugged' concerts : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w24A2eesrUA and by 2005 had toured extensively with 'Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings.'
Old men of Britain say : " Thanks Andy, for the voice and memories engendered of the time when, they, like you, were young men."