Saturday 20 June 2009

Should the title be : ' Britain is a country for young, but not old men' ?

I spoke to my daughter the other day about blogging. If the measure of a successful blog is the number of visitors your blog gets each day, then her blog is successful. She gets many, with the lion's share coming from abroad - the U.S.A., New Zealand, Australia, Slovenia and Turkey and more.

I asked if she could give me a bit of publicity on her blog - perhaps just a casual mention of my blog, but she didn't think that was a good idea. She suggested that I might get more visitors if I had a more positive title to my blog. ' Britain is a country for young, but not old men', has a bit of 'plus' and a bit of 'minus', but it hasn't quite got the feel of the original title. Of course, I could artificially inflate the number of my visitors on my 'sitemeter', but that would offend my English sense of fair play.

On balance, for the time being, I think I'll blog on with the original title.

No comments:

Post a Comment