Thursday 2 July 2009

Born in the U.S.A.

Although, I have nothing in common with those U.S. celebrities who, like me, were conceived either in 1946 or early 1947 and born in '47, I feel an affinity with them, because of the confluence of our births.

What I found,as a result of my research, cheered me up. They are a gifted bunch, who have given a lot and are still giving a lot to their country.

In music, Billy Crystal, Arlo Guthrie, Iggy Pop, Meat Loaf and Carlos Santana. In films and T.V., Glen Close, Ted Danson, Richard Dreyfus, Kevin Kline, Sondra Locke, Arnold Schwarzenegger, O.J.Simpson and James Wood. Also, there is film producer David Ladd and directors, Steven Spielburg and David Mamet and last, but not least, the politicians Hilary Clinton and Dan Quale.

It's funny to think that, wherever they are and whatever they are doing, we all came kicking and screaming into this Old World within the same, short space of time, and apart from colour or gender, there was then, little difference between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment