Wednesday 3 March 2010

One old Briton remembers Dave Berry

















I was 17 when Dave Berry released 'The Crying Game' in 1964 and it was probably 'apposite' for me then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwkq48UetR8

I know all there is to know about the crying game,
I've had my share of the crying game.
First there are kisses (kisses), then there are sighs,
And then before you know where you are,
You're sayin' goodbye.

One day soon I'm gonna tell the moon,
About the crying game.,
And if he knows, maybe he'll explain
Why there are heartaches (heartaches), why there are tears,
And what to do to stop feeling blue when love disappears.

First there are kisses (kisses), then there are sighs,
And then before you know where you are,
You're sayin' goodbye.

Don't want no more of the crying game,
Don't want no more of the crying game.

Dave Berry, who was born David Holgate Grundy in Sheffield is now 69.

As a performer, I shall remember him wrapping himself around and behind, the microphone lead.

1 comment:

  1. im a massive fan of dave berry and ive seen and met him a few times he puts on a great show we hope he carrys on for a lot longer and for his age he looks great dont give up dave we love you you bring back alot of good memmories for alot of people.

    ReplyDelete