I had a trawl through the 'Sunday Times' Newspaper today, specifically looking for photos and articles about old men.
The high profile ones didn't surprise me :
In the main paper :
The Queen (83) apparently, stifled a laugh, while Prince Charles (61), giggled with glee, as they watched the ' annual Braemar Gathering near Balmoral yesterday'.
Colonel Gaddafi (67), in a photo where he was weighed down with medals and next to an article entitled 'The Special Relationship.'
Imelda Marcos (80), in a photo, feeding her son 'Ferdinand' or 'Bongbong' who wishes to run for President.
What I did find pleasantly surprising were the following articles :
In the Main Section :
* 65 year old Maurice Robson who was, apparently 'distraught' at having to sell his country house following his divorce from Chloe.
* 70 year old Margaret Atwood, Canadian author's description of 'My Week'.
In the Money Section :
* 76 year old Barbara Taylor Bradford, millionairess author.
In Home Magazine Section :
* 69 year old Maeve Binchy talking about her childhood home in Ireland.
In News Review :
* 66 year old Miyuki Hatoyama talking about her claims that she was taken to Venus by UFO.
In the Business Section :
* 77 year old American accountant giving advice about investments.
In the Sports Section :
* 64 year old Peter Knowles, who once played for Wolves, explaining why he retired from football at the age of 25, after conversion by Jehova's Witness.
'Collectively', the people I have mentioned have lived , a total of 778 years.
Isn't that wonderful ?