Monday 30 November 2009

Laughter tonic for the day and Tom Rush singing his 'Remember Song'

Given the nature of this posting, namely, the infirmities of age, I feel it would be appropriate to attach the Tom Rush song I attached to an earliet post back in the Summer :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yN-6PbqAPM


My cousin in New Zealand sent me an animated e-mail attachment about the alphabet. I can't add it to this post, but it seemed apposite for 'No Country for Old Men'.

New Alphabet and the painful truths for Old Timers

A's for arthritis

B's the bad back,

C's the chest pains, perhaps car-d-iac ?

D is for dental decay and decline,

E is for eyesight, can't read that top line!

F is for fissures and fluid retention,

G is for gas which I'd rather not mention.

H is High blood pressure, I'd rather it low,

I for incisions with scars you can show.

J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend,

K is for knees that crack when they bend.

L for libido, what happened to sex?

M is for memory, I forget what comes next.

N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low,

O is for osteo, bones that don't grow!

P for prescriptions, I have quite a few, just give me a pill, I'll be good as new!

Q is for queasy, is it fatal or flu?

R is for reflux, one meal turns to two.

S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears,

T is for tintinitus, bells in my ears!

U is for urinary : troubles with flow,

V for vertigo, that's 'dizzy', you know.

W for worry, NOW what's going 'round?

X
is for X ray, and what might be found.

Y for another year I'm left here behind,

Z is for zest I still have in my mind.

I've survived all the symptoms, my body's deployed,

And I'm keeping twenty-six doctors fully employed!

1 comment:

  1. I have just read your whole blog, and wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading it very much.

    ReplyDelete