Wednesday, 1 December 2010
Britain in the grip of severe winter weather is not just no country for old men but for anyone
Living in the County of Kent in the brown zone of the map, the key tells me to 'BE PREPARED' for more bad weather tommorow.
Sky News Online tells me :
* Heavy snow and ice have brought much of Britain to a halt with severe weather warnings in place again for some parts of the country. Planes, trains and the roads have all been severely hit while hundreds of schools have shut.
* Gatwick, Edinburgh and Dundee airports are closed, causing chaos for travellers, while large parts of the M25 hardly moved overnight.
* Hundreds of motorists were left stranded in Kent overnight as traffic on several main roads ground to a halt.
* And the M3 in Surrey was closed this morning following a suicide.
* Severe weather warnings are in place for the East of England.
* The South East, especially Kent, Surrey and south Essex, could see another 20cms of snow tonight with south-east and part of Greater London also at risk.
Britain is no country just for old men but for anyone.